? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, October 30, 2009

PLASTER OF PARIS FORGE




The other day I thought of using plaster of paris to make a gas forge. I tried it and it worked. All you need is 1 tin can, some plaster of paris and a propane torch. The forge I made can melt brass and that means 2000 degrees F. I just used a torch like my dad uses. If you make it with a can bigger than 6 inches long you will want two torches. It is not foolproof, if you run it too long the plaster will crack and every once and a while you will need to put new plaster on the inside of the firing chamber. Don't push the torch too far into the firing chamber, the tip is made of brass and it might melt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat!! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

thats nice sam, but i dont have a blowtorch like that.... -Evan

amateur blacksmith said...

you can get one at Ace or Menards or at just about any hardware store.

ASHTON said...

Cool!!!.

Andrew said...

Plaster of paris is also great sidwalk chalk!

Andrew said...

Sam,
You need to post bad!!!!

amateur blacksmith said...

I am taning a deer hide. When I am done with it I will post.